It is common to feel a dip in our energy and motivation at times. Maybe we feel grouchy or we’re tired. It happens. Just like a car that needs to be refuelled, sometimes we need to put gas in the tank so we can continue. We need a simple strategy to help recharge us so that we can persevere. Whether we choose to dance, sing, laugh, do a good deed, or get fresh air, boosting our mood helps us to feel good inside and also makes the world a little brighter and friendlier.
In today’s Wellness Wednesday, we explore ways to boost our mood.
As a class, group, or family: · Watch the video, “The Fun Theory 1 – Piano Staircase Initiative” https://youtu.be/SByymar3bds.
· When the video is over, discuss what you noticed about the video.
· Together, brainstorm a go-to list of mood boosters. Think: simple, accessible strategies that recharge you. Here are some ideas to get started: Make an upbeat playlist, listen to an inspiring podcast, bookmark videos that make you smile (i.e., cats, baby animals, people laughing, etc.), go outside, exercise, or try breathing and/or stretching exercises that you can do anywhere.
Ask yourself, there is no wrong answer:
What is your go-to mood booster?
How could a list of go-to mood boosters help you? How might it help others?
Connecting to our faith:
“My help come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:2)
“I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.” (John 15:11)
· ARTICLE: https://kidshelpphone.ca/wp-content/uploads/8-tips-to-boost-your-mood.png
· CHILDREN’S BOOK: “131 Stress Busters and Mood Boosters For Kids” by Jed Jurchenko
· ADULT BOOK: “Good Morning: 101 Positive Sticky Notes to Start the Day!” by Brook Noel
Employees of LDCSB check out WorkLifeHealth from EAP Provider Morneau Sheppell. We welcome your feedback, click here!